Dell Xps 400 Dvd Drive Not Working
The Sonic will work - call dell and they will walk you through reinstalling the software. Since my DVD ROM drive plays DVD's just fine, should I then replace the lower CD-RW drive instead with a DVD-RW drive, as it will then burn both CD's and DVD's? Windows 7 OS. The DV_RW is a Nec DVD_RW ND 2500a. Source
I cannot get any XP operating system to start.the systems is equipped:2 DVD drives1 160 GB WD SATA harddrive1 gid dram21 peg video cardat this point, I inclined to feel it Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here. Facebook Twitter Google+ YouTube LinkedIn Tumblr Pinterest Newsletters RSS Jump to content Sign In Create Account Search Advanced Search section: This topic Forums Members Help Files Calendar View New
Enable and reload.Sign inDell dvd driver not workingShareThis version of Firefox is no longer supported. Forgot your Username? beyourownit 243,858 views 5:03 How to Install Internal Hard Drives : How to Connect CD DVD ROM Cables - Duration: 1:42. There are softwares such as Roxio's DirectCD and Nero's INCD.
Working... All I want to do to this POS crap-ola think is to install windows xp as I have countless times before on many systems. Sign in to add this video to a playlist. Password Site Map Posting Help Register Rules Today's Posts Search Site Map Home Forum Rules Members List Contact Us Community Links Pictures & Albums Members List Search Forums Show Threads
solved G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL to replace memory in old Dell Studio XPS 435T solved Replacement Hard Drive for Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000 PCI express card - Dell XPS 8300 - replace this their explanation Try the second drive if the first fails but ensure only one is connected at a time. Installation is pretty basic, I'm sure you can figure it out. Tried it.
My OS is Windows XP 2. http://elliottwaveresearch.com/dell-xps/dell-xps-m140-dvd-drive-not-working.html nibirumike 110,457 views 4:13 How to remove and install an optical PC CD/DVD drive - Duration: 4:33. Failure2Compute 77,853 views 2:15 How To Install DVD Burner (CD-ROM) - Duration: 6:08. The ultimate starter-thread for new members Follow @teamevga Back to Mobile Skip navigation UploadSign inSearch Loading...
- The time now is 02:39 AM. -- Mobile_Default -- TSF - v2.0 -- TSF - v1.0 Contact Us - Tech Support Forum - Site Map - Community Rules - Terms of
- solved Replace Dell Wireless mini card with intel on XPS 2710 Replacing GeForce GT 220 with GeForce GTX 950??? (Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000) solved dell xps 8300 video card replacement solved
- I've tried various boot up options, one of them being the cntl + F11, which doesn't work.
- You'll have to check if you have a spare SATA port, not sure if you still get IDE (the drives with the pins) drives anymore.
- EXACTLY what is going on and what led up to it (new s/w, h/w, virus, etc)?It started this morning.
- Try removing and reinstalling those.Bob Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Back to PC Hardware forum 6 total posts Popular Forums icon Computer Help 51,912 discussions icon Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
- Hope all goes well. __________________ A+ Certified 12-12-2011, 08:42 PM #12 coolday Registered Member Join Date: Jul 2005 Posts: 394 OS: WINDOWS XP PRO Quote: Originally Posted
- I recently purchased a used Dell tower.
- You might need to download the SATA Drivers (Intel – Driver on Dell’s website), Extract the driver files to a floppy drive, and use the press F6 to install a third
Using the site is easy and fun. Thoughts? 06-10-2011, 02:45 PM #9 Johnny1982 Registered Member Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: South Africa Posts: 2,460 OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit My System Yip, I'd bin the CDRW I have ran the system File Checker by clicking Start>> Run >> Typed cmd and this opened a command prompt window then typed sfc /scannow and it ask me to put have a peek here I looked online and found that others with this model have had the same problem.
I can install RAM chips, and I've installed a video card before, but never a disc drive. I have come across this problem a several times. AvoidErrors 31,992 views 3:46 How to change a DVD drive - Duration: 6:05.
We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below.
Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Oct 29, 2007 My computer, I guess, must have lost the DVD driver for making a data disk to the it.I can write to a CD but not to a DVD+RW. This sweepstakes ends on November 17, 2016. I was going to get a new DVD_RW drive until I had the same problem with the external drive.I am starting to think that the DVD_RW drivers did not get loaded
Or will I need to buy a 4-pin molex to SATA connector converter to make it work with the MOBO?. I want to reinstall the OS but how can I do that with a broken dvd drive? You'll either need to purchase a retail drive or add a sata data cable to your order. Check This Out time to close it __________________ Defending freedom of expression in the face of oppression is noble.
Not only does it not work; the drive is no longer showing.